||Aspen Graphics Update for Bloomberg
We are proud to announce that the new version of Aspen Graphics for Bloomberg is ready. We realize that this upgrade has been a long time the making and we would like to thank all of our Aspen customers for their patience and understand while we created this new version.
To that end, on this page can be found a choice of files that will help upgrade the Aspen Graphics for Bloomberg to a version that is compatible with the latest API from Bloomberg. Also, the instructions for upgrading the software can be found on this page.
- Windows 7 - It will be necessary to install the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable x86 package to allow this version of Aspen to run
- Windows 10 - No other updates are necessary, just install and run.
For non-technical users
We do offer an install for this new version. The install is designed to search the harddrive for the old version of Aspen Graphics, once it finds that old version it will use that location as the destionation folder for the install. If necessary, the destination folder can be changed during the install.
IT Pros/Tech Savy
For the more tech-savy, we offer just a list of files that will need to be downloaded and then manually copied into the working directory of the Aspen Graphics Bloomberg Workstation software.
- *NEW* agvbbnVS.exe (dated: November 13, 2020) - This will need to be copied to the current working directory for Aspen Graphics. Example: C:\Aspen\Aspen Graphics Bloomberg Workstation\sv\
- MIC_xchg_map.csv - This will need to be copied to the current working directory for Aspen Graphics. Example: C:\Aspen\Aspen Graphics Bloomberg Workstation\sv\
- bbfields.tbl - This will need to be copied to the current working directory for Aspen Graphics. Example: C:\Aspen\Aspen Graphics Bloomberg Workstation\sv\
- The old agvbbn.exe will need to be renamed to .old as this exe will no longer be used. (Example: agvbbn.old)
- Any shortcut icons that were pointing to agvbbn.exe will need to be changed to point to agvbbnVS.exe
- Target Line should read: "C:\Aspen\Aspen Graphics Bloomberg Workstation\sv\agvbbnVS.exe" bb ip tcpparse 127.0.0.1 nosplash dir "C:\Aspen\Aspen Graphics Bloomberg Workstation\sv"
- Start in should read: "C:\Aspen\Aspen Graphics Bloomberg Workstation\sv"
- Note: Aspen installations may vary, so your working directory might be found in a different directory.